Thursday, December 02, 2004

Syphilis - Who Knew It Could Be This Funny?


 Posted by Hello

I saw this ad a few weeks ago while taking a train into the city. I was struck by the character's resemblance to Kobe Bryant. The more I thought about it, the more hilarious (and to a certain degree sad) this became. Evidently you will be glad that he got tested because he is going to rape you. Let's be honest, those eyes aren't looking at you, the CTA rider, in a very wholesome manner.

Keeping with the syphilis theme, I also just read in the Tribune about an ad which is getting rejected by a lot of local television stations also encouraging people (specifically gay men) to get tested for syphilis. Please, please go and watch the ad on their website - its one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I haven't checked out their comic book that they also have on the site, but I'm guessing its equally as funny - enjoy.

http://www.stopthesores.org/

1 comment:

John P Sarwark said...

There's an even better one with a guy on his cell phone: "Yo man, I am sooo glad I don't have herpes!" Or something to that effect. You get the idea.
Hosmon, you're allllllllllllllll right.