Monday, November 22, 2004

Long time, no type

A Larry King's People's News and Views type of post to get me back in the game. Mufu, you know what I'm talking about.

I did not step foot in a bar this weekend - I'm feeling pretty good about this fact and my wallet certainly is, too.

Ron Artest did not deserve to be suspended for the rest of the season (but in the words of Chris Rock, I understand). Ben Wallace, despite my friend Bryan's contentions, did not deserve to be suspsended for more than six games. The city of Detroit, however, deserves to be suspended as a city for at least a season.

I don't know if I've gotten stupider since high school, or I'm too distracted these days, but I just got my GRE scores back and I feel like an idiot - its almost like Chem 102 all over again. Maybe the fact that I spent no time preparing for it has a little something to do with it.

I watched SNL a little bit while listening to the 'Cats game on Saturday night. Luke Wilson is funny, The Falconer is an unbelievably funny skit every time, and the second song U2 played sucked. I'll check the rest of the record out this afternoon, but hopefully it was not an indication of the non-single tracks on the album.

I haven't listened to Bright Eyes much, but Rinaker, one of my lone Omaha experts, tends to bag on him a lot. He's putting out two records this spring, one of which will be quiet, introspective, and sing-alongy. He'll tour in support of it. Then, a little later, he's evidently putting out another record which will evidently be a lot more rockin'. He will also tour behind this one; his supporting band on the tour: The Faint. After I check out the U2 record, I'm going to look into finding some Bright Eyes online - hopefully I'll like it because I guaran-damn-tee you I won't miss this opportunity to see The Faint play live again - even if it is as a backing band.

Along with the help of Mr. Rincon, I'd like to solicit any help in the snowboard accessory purchasing dept any of you may be able to offer. I need to get some bindings and boots, yet know nothing about the sport or its equipment. I need to learn how to ride so I can show everyone up out in Vermont this spring. Tischler, what's the word on your ski trip?

Anybody want to go to Nashville for New Year's Eve if the 'Cats win at Hawaii on Saturday?

Check out Swarthy's site - he's a lot more prolific and creative than I've been: http://swarthy.blogspot.com/

Lunch hour is over, but let's be honest, I'll probably be able to contribute more a little later this afternoon.

No comments: